Towa Bobbin Case Tension Gauge - TM-1 Style L (Including adapter for L)
- Tension is no longer mysterious: Regular Size Bobbin Case Gauge for Commercial Style L Bobbin Cases. With the Towa Bobbin Case Tension Gauge the guesswork is gone forever. This bobbin tension gauge allows embroiderers to consistently measure and set accurate embroidery bobbin case tension. In just a few seconds you can verify your bobbin tension is where it should be to achieve optimum results. It's simple to use and comes with complete instructions. No setup is required. It's ready to use right out of the box. Measures tension from 10mN to 400mN.
- How to Use a Bobbin Tension Gauge: Using thread tension gauges makes it easy to adjust both bobbin and upper tensions. It's quick, easy and will help you eliminate unsightly bobbin thread showing on top, looping top stitches and thread breaks. Your embroiTG-Ldery will look its best with consistent, balanced thread tensions. Here's how to use a bobbin tension gauge to take the tension out of setting tensions!
- Instructions for Use: 1.Remove the bobbin case from your machine. Be sure the bobbin thread is out of the pigtail and place your bobbin case with the bobbin in it into the gauge slot. Snap the bobbin case in place. 2.Wrap the bobbin thread around the two pulley wheels and around the plastic hook end on the gauge. 3.Steadily pull the thread and note the reading on the gauge. This represents tension readings in grams. Correct bobbin tensions should be 180 to 220 grams (up to 250 grams when embroidering caps). Please Note: If your gauge is shown in units of 10's, the correct bobbin tensions should be 18 to 22 grams (up to 25 grams when embroidering caps.) 4.Adjust the bobbin case spring tension screw as needed to get the desired reading.
- Note: The gauge needle should provide a steady reading. If you experience a bouncing, erratic reading it can be due to a dirty or defective bobbin case.
- Tip: Slide a business card back and forth under the bobbin tension spring to clear any dirt.